Retribution's Creative Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retribution's Creative Cave

Writing Poetry Art and Leisure Activities.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

JOKES JOKES 5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:27 am

Story of a Challenged Senior...

I had worked with 1,800 employees, all without a Blackberry that played music, took videos, pictures and communicated with Facebook and Twitter. But.... I signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, 13 grandkids and 2 greatgrand kids could communicate with me in the modern way. I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.

That was before one of my grandkids hooked me up for Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie and Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and something that sends every message to my cell phone and every other program within the texting world.

My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.

The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that in a box under my tool bench with the Bluetooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble talking to my wife as everyone in the nearest 50 yards was glaring at me. Seems I have to take my hearing aid out to use it and I got a little loud.

I mean, the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating." You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then when I would make a right turn instead, it was not good.

When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves me.

To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I can lose three phones all at once and have to run around digging under chair cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings.

The world is just getting too complex for me. They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just knocks me for a loop.

I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused but I never remember to take them in with me.

Now I toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or Plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare at me with a blank look.
Back to top Go down
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:09 pm

If your lover is overweight, then get them to walk 3miles in the morning and 3miles in the evening. By the end of the week the fatpig should be 42miles away!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:25 am

What a Face lol! lol! lol!

Regards

Retro
Back to top Go down
https://retributionscave.forumotion.com
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:34 am

A juggler, driving to his next performance, is stopped by the police.
“What are those knives doing in your car? Asked the officer.
“I use them in my juggling act,” says the juggler.
“Oh yeah?” “Let’s see you do it.” Says the policeman.
So the man starts tossing and juggling the knives.
A guy driving by sees this and says, “Wow, am I glad I stopped
Drinking. Look at the test they’re making you do now!”
Back to top Go down
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:36 am

In a school science class four worms were placed into four separate jars.

The first worm was put into a jar of alcohol.
The second worm was put into a jar of cigarette smoke.
The third worm was put into a jar of sperm.
The fourth worm was put into a jar of soil.

After one day, these were the results:
The first worm in alcohol --- dead.
The second worm in cigarette smoke --- dead.
The third worm in sperm --- dead.
The fourth worm in soil --- alive.

So the science teacher asked the class --- "What can you learn from this experiment."

Little Johnny quickly raised his hand and said. "As long as you drink, smoke and have sex, you won't have worms."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:44 am

Good ones Tommy.

Been off a few days. Bit unwell. Getting better.

Regards

Retro
Back to top Go down
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:08 am

Admin wrote:
Good ones Tommy.

Been off a few days. Bit unwell. Getting better.

Regards

Retro
Irish Whisky cures everything....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2194521/Prince-Harry-Facebook-group-strips-support-party-loving-royal-naked-Vegas-photos-furore.html
Back to top Go down
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Mr. Marlow was strolling through the country when he saw a stable with the most beautiful horse he ever laid eyes on. It was seventeen hands high and white, with rippling muscles and a fine, flowing mane. Mr. Marlow struck a deal to buy it from the owner who did, however, pass on one key piece of information.
"We are a religious family, Mr.Marlow, and we've instilled those values in our horse. To get him to gallop you must say 'Thanks God' to get him to stop you must say 'Our Father Who Art in Heaven,"
Settling into the saddle, Marlow said " Thanks God," and the animal took off. They rode for miles; suddenly they were coming up to a cliff. Unfortunately, Marlow couldn't remember the phrase to make the animal stop and tried every Biblical passage he could think of until, just a few feet from the edge of the cliff, he shouted, " Our Father Who Art in Heaven! The animal stopped instantly. Shaking and perspiring, Marlow reached into his pocket and pulled out a handkerchief. "Thanks God," he said as he mopped his brow...
Back to top Go down
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Two Irishmen flew to Canada on a hunting trip.

They chartered a small plane to take them into the Rockies for a week hunting moose.

They managed to bag 6. As they were loading the plane to return, the Pilot said the plane could take only 4 moose.

The two lads objected strongly. "Last year we shot six. The pilot let us take them all and he had the same plane as yours."

Reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all six were loaded.

The plane took off. However, while attempting to cross some mountains even on full power the little plane couldn't handle the load and went down.

Somehow, surrounded by the moose bodies, only Paddy and Mick survived the crash.

After climbing out of the wreckage, Paddy asked Mick, "Any idea where we are?"

Mick replied, "I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year."
Back to top Go down
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm sure everyone has seen this before but it's still amusing... from the customer's viewpoint.

A 98 year old woman wrote this to her bank. The bank manager thought it amusing enough to have it published in The Times.

Dear Sir,
I am writing to thank you for bouncing my cheque with which I endeavoured to pay my plumber last month.

By my calculations, three 'nanoseconds' must have elapsed between his presenting the cheque and the arrival in my account of the funds needed to honour it. I refer, of course, to the automatic monthly deposit of my
Pension, an arrangement which, I admit, has been in place for only eight years. You are to be commended for seizing that brief window of opportunity, and also for debiting my account £30 by way of penalty for the inconvenience caused to your bank.

My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident has caused me to rethink my errant financial ways. I noticed that whereas I personally attend to your telephone calls and letters, when I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal, overcharging, pre-recorded, faceless entity which your bank has become.

From now on, I, like you, choose only to deal with a flesh-and-blood person. My mortgage and loan payments will therefore and hereafter no longer be automatic, but will arrive at your bank by cheque, addressed personally and confidentially to an employee at your bank whom you must nominate.

Be aware that it is an offence under the Postal Act for any other person to open such an envelope. Please find attached an Application Contact Status which I require your chosen employee to complete. I am sorry it runs to eight pages, but in order that I know as much about him or her as your bank knows about me, there is no alternative.

Please note that all copies of his or her medical history must be countersigned by a Solicitor, and the mandatory details of his/ her financial situation (income, debts, assets and liabilities) must be accompanied by documented proof.

In due course, I will issue your employee with a PIN number which he/she must quote in dealings with me.
I regret that it cannot be shorter than 28 digits but, again, I have modelled it on the number of button presses required of me to access my account balance on your phone bank service. As they say, imitation is
the sincerest form of flattery.

Let me level the playing field even further. When you call me, press buttons as follows:

1-- To make an appointment to see me.
2-- To query a missing payment.
3-- To transfer the call to my living room in case I am there.
4-- To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am sleeping.
5-- To transfer the call to my toilet in case I am attending to nature.
6-- To transfer the call to my mobile phone if I am not at home.
7-- To leave a message on my computer (a password to access my computer is required. A password will be communicated to you at a later date to the Authorized Contact.)
8-- To return to the main menu and to listen to options 1 through 8
9-- To make a general complaint or inquiry, the contact will then be put on hold, pending the attention of my automated answering service. While this may, on occasion, involve a lengthy wait, uplifting music will play for the duration of the call.

Regrettably, but again following your example, I must also levy an establishment fee to cover the setting up of this new arrangement.

May I wish you a happy, if ever so slightly less prosperous, New Year.
Your Humble Client
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:23 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Always good ones Tommy.

Still a little unwell. Too much changing weather.

One minute hot the next cold and wet.

Regards to you both

Retro
Back to top Go down
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:24 am

Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps,
Bug-eyed mosquitoes and bowlegged ants!
I'm about to tell you a story I've never heard before,
So pull up a chair and sit on the floor.
Admission is free, so pay at the door.

One fine day, in the middle of the night,
two, dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back, they faced each other,
drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise,
and saved the lives of the two dead boys.
If you don't believe my lies are true,
ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Back to top Go down
tommy.irene

tommy.irene

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:01 am

An elderly lady was invited to an old friends home for dinner one evening.

She was impressed by the way her lady friend preceded every request to her husband with endearing terms such as: Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, etc.

The couple had been married almost 70 years and, clearly, they were still very much in love.

While the husband was in the living room, her lady friend leaned over to her hostess to say, 'I think it's wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your husband all those loving names'.

The elderly lady hung her head. 'I have to tell you the truth,' she said, 'his name slipped my mind about 10 years ago, and I'm scared to death to ask the cranky old coot what his name is.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JOKES JOKES  5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOKES JOKES 5   JOKES JOKES  5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JOKES JOKES 5
Page 1 of 1